12 May 2013

No, leaf me alone

So the boys and I decided that the best way to enrich the garden soil, was to collect leaf litter from the dry creek bed.  Not because its the best but because it was probably the cheapest, easiest solution to our poor soil issues.

I was able to get poison ivy for the 6th time in 11 months just to keep myself busy on my down time. We worked hard and had to carry the tub of leaves by hand since I couldn't get the bead to catch on the flat tire on the wheel barrow.

Loving manual labor! We all fell down exhausted and thanked God that was over. All 9 beds leafed and we did it together.

We're a great team.


Always have time to stop for a flower




Wait ... we're not stomping grapes!



One tub of leaves per bed


Lunch break


Mixing the leaves in


All done! ... sort of.  Now we just need to add vegetables.


Post by Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment