14 January 2011

My diet


My diet is going well, it been 5 days of eating more healthy less processed foods.  I cut out sugar and coffee and most of all I stopped over eating which I think is key.  I begin the day with a smoothie and I eat fruit until about 12 – 1 o’clock in the afternoon, then I eat a salad for lunch with small amounts of salmon or chicken mixed in and repeat the same thing for dinner.  Before I go to bed I have a bowl of a good quality grain cereal with rice milk, oops! Did I say milk, I meant to say rice beverage.  Don’t want to get the dairy farmers mad at me, sorry about that.  Also, our local supermarket sells sushi made fresh daily and in the afternoon if I’m hungry that makes for a healthy snack on the way home.

I figured I might extend this way of eating until the beginning of February then I’ll regulate my diet to eating the foods I love twice a week. 

Things just got out of hand this Holiday season and I am not sure if it’s my age or the food, the only thing I know is I was feeling pretty bad.  I felt slow, bloated, and was having trouble thinking, you know, sort of like the Poppin’ Fresh Dough Boy only without the cute laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment