22 September 2011

Crime watch

Time to time I report on how bad crime is in our area but to be honest it’s only based on what we witness or what we hear so crime is a daily thing in good ole Hollywood even though I don’t make mention of it.

Last night I was speaking to a friend who lives 3 blocks from us and he was telling me that two weeks ago he was sitting on the balcony of his third floor condo when he saw two guys break in to his neighbor’s condo below.

So he looks down as they come out with his neighbor’s stuff and calls to the guys “Hey, what are you doing?”  In a panic one of them starts to run and jumps over a fence while the other more brazen one pulls out a gun and proceeds to shot at my friend a couple of times before taking off.


My friend quickly calls 911 and the police surround the whole street in hopes of catching the two suspects.

To make a long painful story short, the two criminal minds after being seen, attempting to kill my friend and discharging a fire arm within the city limits just moved on to the next unit and break into that one.

The police did apprehend the two suspects only to find out that they were let out on parole just a week earlier.  My friend told me they were sent back to prison to serve out their original sentence and will be tried for their new criminal activity.

In closing the police officer asked my friend why he didn’t call 911 from the get go so they could have caught them in the act and he could have avoided being shot at.

My friend’s answer was “I didn’t think I was going to get shot at!”

The police officer’s response … “You live in Hollywood.”

That’s Murderwood officer, Murderwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment