09 February 2013

I'm going home

Last night before going to bed. Boy it was really whipping up out there.


What a difference 24 hours makes. As I sit here eating my everything bagel with a smear and some nova sipping on a hot cup of Joe listening to the rumble of snow plows I remember with amusement how the South Florida Media/Weather bunnies and fairies would create chaos among the masses reporting on the impending dreadful doom  that’s just around the corner.

Well I guess it’s in there blood because New York Media/Weather bunnies and fairies are no different. Based on “the news reports” everyone here for the last two days flocked to Waldbaums and Home Depot to buy not hurricane supplies but snow storm supplies which consist of what I could see was snow shovels, salt, and cake mix but no hot coca mix or sleds.

Selfish parents only thinking of themselves.

The Great Blizzard of 2013 for Queens New York only amounted to 5 or so inches.





I guess I’ll go to work today, come home to pack, and do some laundry in anticipation of going home tomorrow to the place I belong … Arkansas with my family.

I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet husband,
    At 1% full, the moon phase reflects the emptiness I feel without you. We are all anticipating your flight arrival with great excitement and have been marking the days off on the calendar for 20 X's so far! Tomorrow ... I hope there are no delays in your travel - I don't think we could bear it!
    With Love & Longing,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete