16 November 2010

Police investigate attempted armored truck robbery in Murderwood, err ... Hollywood

WSVN-TV - Police investigate attempted armored truck robbery:

When I moved to sunny South Florida there were 40K people and it was a sleepy little town that was quite uneventful.  Now 25 years later there are 150K people living in Hollywood and it’s just like living in the Wild West.

There is not a night that goes by that we don’t hear either police sirens or gun shots.  Many a night we are woken up by the sound of helicopters hovering over our house. Our nice little city is in the news just about every day with everything from police scandals, rapes, robberies and murders.

Now the attempted Brinks robbery this morning was at the bank that I have been going to for the last 11 years.  If my bicycle didn’t have a flat tire I wound have been riding by the bank about the time this took place. 

Growing up in Brooklyn I never felt this sense of un-easiness that I feel for my own safety and my family's.  Things are really getting bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment