29 March 2011

Eye really mean this

We have a friend that is a “winker” and to tell the truth since I was a small child winking always left me in a position of not really knowing how to respond.  Do I smile? Do I wink back? I just never knew what to do.

To make matters worse, I never know what they were trying to communicate with me because sometimes the wink didn’t fit into the situation.  Sometimes it was from across the room, sometimes it was on their way out and sometimes I realized it was just a nervous tick like when I meet Bryan Norcross at a restaurant in South Beach many years ago.  I thought he was winking at me until I realize he was winking at everyone and everything in the room.

I personally was never very good at winking and it never got a favorable response so I gave it up before it really got started.


Now, after all these years, I come across this handy-dandy chart that could make it easier to decipher what the winker is trying to convey to me along with other weird eye tricks they may try.

I can’t wait; I’ll be ready this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment