11 March 2011

My Dad turns 79

A year old sitting in the vegetable garden in Brooklyn, circa 1933

Standing in front of the house with his siblings (Kitty, Jimmy and Ann)
and Big Kitty, with my grandfather, Frank on the porch, circa 1939

Coney Island Beach with Jimmy and unknown girl, circa 1939

Member of the Blue Jackets, circa 1945

Coney Island Beach at 16 years old, circa 1948

Military service during the Korean War, circa 1952

Relaxing vacation, circa 1955

Waiting for my mom to get ready, Brooklyn, circa 1960

Play time with me, circa 1963
I showed this photo to my 5 year old son Silas and
he couldn’t get past the fact that I had my shoes on while being on the bed.

Easter Sunday, circa 1973

Getting something to eat, Hollywood Florida 1986

My mom's house, Marine Park, Brooklyn 1990

Visit to Englewood, Florida 1997

Family gathering, 2010
L to R: Silas, Hank, Grandpa Joe holding Emerson,
Josiah, Echo, Judith, Elise and Grandma Sheila


Happy Birthday Dad!

Judith’s Homemade Blue Berry pie, my dad’s favorite

Blowing out the candle and making a wish

Looking forward to another 20 years to come

No comments:

Post a Comment